At Banesco USA, we recognize and respect the privacy expectations of our customers. To meet those expectations, the Bank maintains policies and procedures to safeguard your personal information. All consumer personal information collected, processed, or disclosed is pursuant to the Federal Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (Public Law 106-102) and implied regulations. You may have other privacy protection under applicable State Law and to the extent applicable we will comply with those provisions.When you visit our website, apply online for accounts or services, enroll in online banking, and/or download Banesco USA’s mobile application available on platforms that include but are not limited to Google Play and Apple’s App Store, you provide personal information that is necessary for us to provide features of our website, online banking, and mobile app to you, and/or process your application. We limit the amount of information we share with our affiliated and nonaffiliated companies. We may collect and share information, such as; social security number, income, account balances, checking account information, credit history and credit scores. When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described below. The bank needs to share customers’ personal information in order to conduct everyday business.
The following is a list of reasons why we share or choose not to share customers’ personal information.
- We share for our everyday business purposes, such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus. You cannot limit this sharing of information.
- We share for our marketing purposes, to offer our products and services to you. You cannot limit this sharing of information.
- We do not share for joint marketing with other financial companies.
- We do not to share information about your transactions and experiences for our affiliates’ everyday business purposes.
- We do not to share information about your creditworthiness for our affiliates’ everyday business purposes.
- We do not share for our affiliates to market to you.
- We choose not to share nonaffiliates to market to you.
Banesco USA affiliates are companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies. Our affiliates include companies with a common corporate identity of Banesco USA.
Nonaffiliated companies are entities that are not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial or nonfinancial companies.
Joint marketing is a formal agreement between nonaffiliated companies that collectively market financial products or services to you.
If you are a new customer, we can begin sharing your information 30 days from the date we provide you with our Privacy notice. When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described above.
Information We Collect
The information we gather enables us to personalize, improve, and continue to provide our products and services to you. We may request, collect, and share some of your personal information for this purpose.
Information Disclosed Pursuant to Business Transfers
In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, personal information is typically one of the transferred business assets. Moreover, if our assets, or substantially all of our assets, were acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, personal information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third-party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
Information Disclosed for Our Protection and the Protection of Others
Information We Share with Your Consent
Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your personal information may be shared with third parties and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
Email Communications with Us
You may occasionally receive email and other communications from us, such as communications relating to your account(s). Communications relating to your account(s) will only be sent for purposes of providing our services to you.
Banesco USA has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information under our control.
You can contact us at any time to limit our sharing. If you have questions, you can call us toll free at 1 (888) 228-1597 or (786) 552-0524 (Domestic) or 0 (800) 122-8226 (International) (1-844-623-2648) and talk to a customer service representative.
In relation to the information which we hold about you, you are entitled to:
- see a copy of the information;
- ask us to rectify the information where it is inaccurate or is incomplete. If we agree the information is inaccurate or incomplete and make the rectification, we will inform any recipients of the information of the change, where possible;
- ask us to erase the information, but we will not be able to comply where we hold your information to fulfill our statutory regulatory and representative obligations;
- ask us to restrict what we do with your information, but there are a number of exemptions relating to this right;
- object to our use of your information and ask us to stop that use, in certain circumstances; and
- instruct us to provide you with the information we hold about you in a structured and commonly used format or transmit that information directly to another organization.
Our obligations to comply with the above rights are subject to certain exemptions. Where we are using some of your information because you have provided your consent to that use, you are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time. The lawfulness of our use of your information before consent was withdrawn is not affected.
Special Notice for California Residents
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer information which we share with our affiliates and/ or third parties for marketing purposes and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please contact us at 1 (888) 228-1597.
Special Notice for Nevada Residents
We are providing you this notice pursuant to Nevada law. You may be placed on our internal Do Not Call list by contacting Banesco USA. Nevada requires that we provide contact information for the state’s Bureau of Consumer Protection to all consumers that do business with us. The contact information for the Bureau of Consumer Protection, of the Office of the Nevada Attorney General, is provided below.
Address: 555 East Washington Street, Suite 3900, Las Vegas, Nevada 89101
Phone: (702) 486-3132
Special Notice for Vermont Residents
Under Vermont law, we will not share information we collect about Vermont residents with companies outside of our corporate family.
Third Party Websites and Service Providers
We may employ and contract with people and other entities that perform certain tasks on our behalf and who are under our control. We may need to share personal information with said third parties to provide our products and services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our employed or contracted third parties do not have any right to use personal information or other information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of personal information with our employed or contracted third parties.
In addition, we may contract with third parties to maintain and host the Banesco USA website and mobile application. Any information you submit to us, including personal information, may be placed, and stored on a computer server maintained by this third-party host.
Cookies and Unique Identifiers
If you download and access our mobile banking application, the mobile application may use a unique identifier, including but not limited to, a string of characters specific to your mobile device, GPS location, camera, photos access, access to your contacts, information about the network your mobile device is connected to, and your IP address. Any time you access the mobile banking application we may collect and receive information about the different devices you use and how you use them. We may use this information to measure the frequency of customers accessing specific features and/or functions of the mobile banking applications, and to help us make the mobile banking application more useful for our customers.
We collect statistical information about how you collectively access our website. Some of this information is derived from personal information. While aggregate information itself is not Personal Information, it may be tied back to you, your IP address or web browser.
For more information about privacy of consumer financial information provided when you apply for or obtain a product or service, you may review our Privacy Notice. Alternatively, you can visit banescousa.com or see frequently asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Because banks choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some sharing such as sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes, information about your creditworthiness, and sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you, and also requires Banesco USA to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information.
What type of personal information does Banesco USA collect and share?
We collect information in order to provide you with the products and services that help meet your financial needs. It depends on the product or service you have with us the type of information we collect and the sources it comes from.
We may collect personal information about you, from various sources such as:
- Directly from you when you register for an account
- When you enroll in online banking services or download the Banesco USA mobile application
- Our service providers, business partners, and other third parties.
The personal information we collect about you includes:
- Contact information, such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number
- Location information, such as your zip code or IP address
- Demographic information such as age, date of birth, gender, job information, and postal code
- Login information, such as username, password, and security questions and answers
- Personal identification numbers such as Social Security number
- Payment and financial details, such as payment card number, expiration date, authentication code, billing address, and bank account number
- Device attributes and identifiers that help us recognize you through the device you use to access our services
In addition, we use “cookies” as a part of our interaction with your browser. A “cookie” is a small text file placed on your hard drive by our web page server. These cookies do not collect personally identifiable information, and we do not combine information collected though cookies with other personal to determine who you are or your e-mail address.
How does Banesco USA collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, when you: open an account or give us your contact information, show your government issued identification or driver’s license or apply for a loan. We also collect your personal information from others; such as, credit bureaus, affiliates, and other companies.
Is personal information collected from my mobile device?
Yes, if you enroll in online banking services and/or download the Banesco USA mobile application. Some areas of the Banesco USA mobile application require personal information such as your name, email address, phone number, mailing address, financial information, your real-time location, and access to your contacts to enable you to perform certain tasks or access certain features. In these cases, we collect information if necessary to interact with you and provide our services. Our mobile application may also use unique identifiers, including but not limited to, a string of characters specific to your mobile devices.
Who has access to my personal and/or customer information?
Employees at Banesco USA have restricted access to your information. The information provided is only accessible when it is needed as part of their job responsibilities. Our employees handle your information with the utmost confidentiality, adhering to our professional standards, privacy trainings and operating procedures.
How does Banesco USA protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards, secured files and tamper resistant cabinets. We restrict access to your information to employees who need to know it in order to provide you with our products and services.
What information does Banesco USA disclose?
We may disclose aggregated information about you, and information that does not identify any individual without restriction. We may disclose personal information about you:
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and only use it for the purposes we disclose to them
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request
- To enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Banesco USA, our customers, or others
- With your consent
Why can’t I limit sharing?
Federal law only gives you the right to limit:
- Sharing with affiliates for everyday business purposes concerning information about your creditworthiness
- Affiliates from using your information to market to you
- Sharing with nonaffiliates to market to you
Also State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
If I don’t “opt-out” now, can I opt-out at a later time?
Yes, you can always decide to opt-out.
If I request to “opt-out”, do I have to follow the process every year or will my initial notice remain in effect?
What happens if I have a joint account?
Any account holder can request to “opt-out” for themselves, or on behalf of all account holders.
What happens when I limit sharing for an account I hold jointly with someone else?
By doing this, everybody on the account is “opting-out”. Your choice will apply to everyone on your account.
If I have “opted-out” and later decide I want to cancel my request, what do I need to do?
Should you decide to “opt-in” after you have “opted-out”, you can call Banesco USA at 1 (888) 228-1597 and remain on the line to speak with a representative to cancel your initial opt-out request.