Security tips for the holiday season
Published on December 18, 2020
At Banesco USA your security is our top priority. In the holiday season, scam and fraud attempts always increase. Online shopping is one of the most common ways of stealing your sensitive information.
Make your online purchases using a private network and buy only from websites that have security certificates. Avoid making purchases or sharing your personal information on social media sites like WhatsApp.
Remember that your checking, savings, debit and credit cards are financial products that you must protect and use responsibly. Allowing others to use them involves serious risks.
Below you will find some tips to help you have a relaxing holiday season:
- WhatsApp and your favorite social media sites are the best tool to chat but avoid making purchases through them.
- Make your online purchases on websites that have security certificates.
- Remember, you can manage all your bills quickly and safely through Bill Pay.
- Always verify the credentials of the business or person you are transacting with to avoid fraud.
- Banesco USA will never ask – over the phone or email – for your PIN, CV code, or expiration date of your Banesco USA Visa® Debit Card.
- Deposit checks conveniently and securely through BanescoMobile.
- Check your accounts regularly and report any unusual activity to our Client Care Center: USA +1.888.228.1597, Venezuela 0-800-122-8226.
Remember to always contact Banesco USA to report any suspicious account activity or information security-related events.
To contact a Banesco USA Client Care Specialist, call toll-free from:
Monday to Friday from 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM